Improve your English
Get to know God
|About The WORD for ESL|
|Worksheets & Answers|
|Start a Class|
|Start a WORD for ESL class!|
Dear sisters and brothers in Christ,
1. Be dependent on God, Our Father.
· The entire WESL team is encouraged to pray long before the
beginning of the ministry term.
· A team prayer meeting is held ½ hour before the start of each
· A prayer team prays during the class.
· Table leaders pray with participants at their table as needed.
2. Be led by the Holy Spirit.
Sensitivity and Freedom
· You are free to use all or part of The WORD for ESL
resources as the Spirit or your situation leads you.
3. Be representatives of Jesus Christ.
“...in everything love.”
· Let the Spirit lead in selecting table leaders
· Provide table leader training
· Advertise the course and invite students to use the sign-up
· Throughout the course, set up a welcome table with a warm
· Give name tags to all participants and helpers.
· Ask participants to provide names and contact information for
an attendance sheet.
· Schedule a 15 minute coffee break halfway through each
Step. A slide called Intermission will appear at this time. Each
Step is composed of approximately two 45 minute sessions.
· Share coffee, tea and home-made baked goods in fellowship.
· Build relationships through small group discussion. Assign
6-8 participants to discussion tables with 1- 2 leaders.
Participants are encouraged to remain at the same table
throughout the course. Create an atmosphere of freedom to
question and use open ended questions to stimulate
discussion. You may like to use our worksheets and answers
for each Step.
· Provide copies of Bibles at each table at Step 5 and onward.
The course notes are based on the Contemporary English
· Give an evaluation form to each student towards the end of
We have found that the WESL ministry provides a warm and welcoming family to many in need. We pray God will bless your work. “...You know that everything you do for him is worthwhile.”
1 Corinthians 15: 58 (CEV)
|Last Updated on Monday, 27 June 2011 21:16|